1. SAVE MONEY: It might sound strange that hiring someone to decorate your home would save you money since you have the additional fee of the designer, however, Cortizo makes a compelling point. “Hiring a designer can help you to avoid costly mistakes that will not only help you save money but can increase the value of your home.”
2. PROFESSIONAL ASSESSMENT: “A designer can give you a professional assessment of your situation, that will will lead to a solid plan of action. The order of things in a design plan is key in determining what can be repurposed or should be edited. This will not only effect the budget but help you to spend it more efficiently.” A designer offers an extra set of eyes, but these eyes are trained to see and notice things that you may not.
3. BUDGETING AND PLANNING: A designer can keep you on budget and save you time and effort. A designer knows where to go for resources for everything related to your home. This will save you endless amounts of time researching products, brands and prices. A designer will have all this readily on hand, and should he or she not, will spend the time researching so that you don’t have to.
4. LIASON: A designer will be able to build “a stronger bridge between you and your architect or contractor early on and can head off design misses in your overall plan. This is crucial in managing time and money explains Cortizo. Also designers are trained to think about things we may overlook. “It’s so important that the lighting and furnishing needs are addressed before construction. If your living room sofa is floating in a the middle of the room you want to make sure you have the proper placement for floor outlets.”
5. WIDE AVAILABILITY OF RESOURCES: There are things available to designers that are not available to the general public in terms of connections, resources and general merchandise. By culminating these resources designers can help to make your space look more collected, unique and pulled together.
6. CONTACTS: Cortizo states that : “In addition to vendor resources, designers have many home improvement industry contacts. They can save homeowners time and headaches trying to identify reliable, contractors, plumbers and electricians for their projects.”
7. WOW FACTOR: Designers can help to give you the “wow” factor you’ve been looking for. They are trained to think differently, spatially and to see an overall picture that clients often cannot. Cortizo adds that “Thinking outside of the box is what designers do all day long.”
8. HOME SALE: A decorator can potentially add a great deal to the aesthetic of your home, which in turn can increase showings and sales. This increased appeal can exponentially speed up the amount of time your home sits on the market before it is sold. The benefit here is two-fold, a faster turn-around time and more money in your pocket.